Committee on Sustainable Energy
The Committee on Sustainable Energy is an intergovernmental body that provides member States with a platform for international dialogue and cooperation. It is mandated to carry out a programme of work in the field of sustainable energy with a view to providing access to affordable and clean energy to all, in line with the “Sustainable Energy for All” initiative of the Secretary-General, and to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the carbon footprint of the energy sector.
Committee Objectives Structure of the Committee Committee Bureau
- Sustainable Energy Subprogramme Quarterly Report 4th Quarter 2019 (October- December 2019)
- The flagship project Pathways to Sustainable Energy will present modelling results, key insights and resulting policy recommendation in a country consultation process in a two-day workshop and informal consultation with the Committee on Sustainable Energy. Stay tuned for involvement in stakeholder consultations if interested to contribute.
- Members of the UNECE Committee on Sustainable Energy Bureau Members 2020-2021 (29th and 30th sessions) (4 October 2019)
- Bureau Meeting Report - BMR Nr. 2019/2 (12 April 2019)
- Global Tracking Framework: UNECE Progress in Sustainable Energy The UNECE regional chapter tracks progress towards meeting SDG 7 and finds that countries are not on track. Efforts need to be accelerated if the UNECE region is to achieve the SDG 7 goals and targets by 2030.